19-21-5 Other reporting persons. Every
person, other than a candidate or a candidate
committee, party committee, or political commit-
tee, who makes independent contributions or ex-
penditures other than by contribution to a candi-
date or a candidate committee, party committee,
or political committee, in an aggregate amount of
one hundred dollars ($100) or more within a cal-
endar year shall make verified statements contain-
ing the information required by K.A.R. 19-29-2
on forms prescribed and provided by the com-
mission, and file them in the office of the secretary
of state so that each statement is in that office on
the day specified in 1981 Kansas Session Laws,
Chapter 171, Sec. 7. Reports made under this sec-
tion need not be cumulative. For the purposes of
this section, ``independent contributions and ex-
penditures'' means contributions or expenditures
made without cooperation or consent of the can-
didate or committee intended to be benefited and
which expressly advocate the election or defeat of
a clearly identified candidate. (Authorized by
K.S.A. 25-4119a; implementing K.S.A. 25-4150;
effective, E-77-20, May 1, 1976; effective Feb. 15,
1977; amended May 1, 1980; amended May 1,